Privacy Notice – Customer
Our company, 2GIS LOCAL SEARCH LIMITED (the “Company”, “we” or “2GIS”), collects and processes personal data required for the provision of online advertising and other 2GIS products and services. This Privacy Notice is concerned with the processing of personal data from companies, businesses or other entities and generally any of their associates and any natural persons who represent them (“you”, “your” or “Customer”) who want to advertise their products or services online on our Internet platforms including 2gis.com.cy, 2gis.cz, 2gis.it, 2gis.cl web site and any web based applications (the “2GIS Platform”) and purchase other 2GIS products and services.
This Privacy Notice includes all the information the Company, as controller under the law and the General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), has an obligation to provide you with, as data subject of the data it collects and processes.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time by using the following contact details:
2 GIS LOCAL SEARCH LIMITED
27 Evagorou A, office 11, 1066, Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel: +357 22 265265,
+357 22 261665
2. What Information we Collect
For the purpose of providing online advertising and marketing services on the 2GIS Platform and to generally provide our products or services, we collect the following personal data from you;
- Full name;
- Contact details (including but not limited to the telephone number, email or postal address);
- Information about control or contact persons within the Company (including but not limited to directors, chief financial officers, chief executive officers, authorized persons, trustees, people acting on the basis of a power of attorney and business owners);
- Any other information from or about a Client.
Sometimes, we can make calls in order to clarify the data, placed in our service. If you are company and you do not want to be in our directory/database, you can send us a request.
We do not collect, and we do not use any personal data other than that specifically mentioned above without your explicit consent unless you ask us to do so.
3. Purpose of the Collection
We collect your personal data so that we can provide you with our services and generally pursuant to the following legal grounds:
a) Performance of our contractual obligations: We use this legal basis for the processing in the case if we have any contractual relationship with you, for instance, if we provide any advertising or marketing service for you, or if you purchase products or services from us.
b) Compliance with legal obligation. To establish, investigate or defend against claims in connection with conducting dispute proceedings, proceedings before public authorities and other proceedings and to comply with any and all legal obligations.
a) Pursuing a legitimate interest.
We collect your personal data so that we can provide you with our services and generally pursuant to the following purposes:
- To publish your advertising material on our 2GIS Platform and provide you with the products and services you have requested;
- For the purpose of purchasing products and services from us;
- For the purpose of advertising sales.
- For the purpose of loyalty development and support (emailing, provision of information);
- For the purpose of further cooperation in ad placement, including newsletters, marketing via telephone number, email, messengers.
We use legitimate interests as the basis for the processing of personal information for the following purposes:
- Development and maintenance of customer loyalty (mailing list, informing); further interaction on advertising placement including through information and advertising mailings by phone number, e-mail, messengers.
- Verification of reference data.
Protection against fraud and other harmful activity. We want to make sure our services are secure and protect users against fraud when visiting our website. We may conduct security investigations and risk assessments and other actions in this connection.
Service improvement. We process personal information given our legitimate interest in improving our services and our users’ experience with it.
We don’t use automated decision-making processes or profiling while processing your personal data.
4. How we Keep your Data
Your personal data is processed by 2GIS located in the Republic of Cyprus. Hosting and storage of your data takes place in European Union.
To protect your information from unauthorized access and use, we use appropriate physical, procedural, and technical safeguards as required by law.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent Information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your information specified herein, to those who have a genuine business need to have access to it. That processing information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
5. Access to your Personal Data
Within our Company, your personal data is accessible only to those who need to and only for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 3 above which are familiar and comply with our confidentiality regime, unless specified herein.
Outside our Company, recipients of your personal data may be any suppliers, subcontractors or third parties who cooperate and/ or provide services to our Company in the context of its business, such as companies that provide email services, web hosting services, information technology services, software development and maintenance.
We choose our associates very carefully, after the necessary checks have been carried out and sufficient guarantees have been provided to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such manner that processing will meet the requirements of the GDPR and the relevant laws and ensure the protection of your rights.
External recipients also include non-affiliated third parties for routine business reasons, such as companies that provide audit or due diligence services based on our legitimate interests. Further, we may also disclose information to non-affiliated third parties in compliance with requests for disclosures to law enforcement, courts and regulatory bodies, both EU and foreign.
The external recipients of your personal data may also be any other persons, entities or relevant authorities to whom your data may need to be disclosed for the purposes stated in paragraph 3 and especially for compliance with our legal obligations.
6. Retention Period
In accordance with our policy, your data is kept only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes stated in paragraph 3 above, or – in the case of consent – until you withdraw your consent. In addition, we retain your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with local laws, to exercise our legal rights and generally to pursue our legitimate interests.
After this period, your personal data will be irreparably destroyed. Any data kept by us for marketing and information purposes will be retained until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive such information.
In case you require further information with regards to the Retention Period, you may please contact us at the contact details mentioned above.
7. Transfer to Third Countries
If your data will be transferred to entities or other third parties whose headquarters or place of data processing is not located in a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area, we ensure before forwarding the data that, outside of legally permitted exceptional cases pertaining to the recipient, either an appropriate level of data protection exists (e.g., through an adequacy decision of the European Commission, and/or through suitable guarantees, and/or the agreement of EU Standard Contractual Clauses between us and the recipient), or your sufficient consent exists.
8. Your Rights
As a data subject, you can contact us at any time with a notification to make use of your rights. These rights are the following:
- The right to receive and access information about the data processing and a copy of the processed data under certain conditions.
- The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data under certain conditions;
- The right to demand the erasure of personal data under certain conditions;
- The right to demand the restriction of the data processing under certain conditions;
- The right to receive the personal data concerning the data subject in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller under certain conditions;
- The right to object to the data processing under certain conditions;
- The right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop a data processing that is based on your consent.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please write or call to us:
2GIS LOCAL SEARCH LIMITED
27 Evagorou A, office 11, 1066, Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel: +357 22 265265,
+357 22 261665
- Visit our office: 27 Evagorou A, office 11, 1066, Nicosia, Cyprus.
If you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, you may contact us at the channels provided above. We will then examine your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can submit your complaint with the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection, at 1 Iasonos Street, 2nd Floor, 1082 Nicosia, tel. +357 22 818456, email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice